POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Awesom Spider! : Re: Awesom Spider! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Awesom Spider!
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 24 Oct 2007 07:24:47
Message: <471f2b7f@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote in message
> Ok, to those of you living in more diverse regions of the planet, this may
> not be as interesting.  But, it's probably the largest type of spider that
> I've seen here in Michigan, so I took a few pictures.  That "thing" all
> wadded up is a medium sized grasshopper, probably about an inch long.
>
> http://www.beantoad.com/newimages/img_0143.jpg

Michigan eh?  That is remarkably similar to the St. Andrew's Cross spider
here in Australia (Brisbane, mid-East coast)

Here's a couple of examples I took in my friend's front garden in June 2005.
Front and back views of the same spider.

Also we have what we call "Garden Spiders", "Golden Orb Spiders" (very
strong, very golden thread) and "Tent Spiders".  The latter produce a big
upside-down parabolic tightly-wound web, connected to the surroundings by a
big messy tangle of guy-wires.

--
Cheers,
    Brian

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '_igp0701r.jpg' (69 KB) Download '_igp0702r.jpg' (91 KB)

Preview of image '_igp0701r.jpg'
_igp0701r.jpg

Preview of image '_igp0702r.jpg'
_igp0702r.jpg